Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. (Mark 16:15)
As your Foreign Mission endeavors to be obedient to these words of our Lord, here are just a few of the many questions that are asked and can be asked, together with the answers from God’s Holy Word. The Holy Bible contains all the answers to life’s questions.
WHO SENDS US INTO THE MISSION FIELD?
Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
WHAT ARE WE TO PREACH WHEN WE ARE SENT?
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. (Luke 24:47)
WHEN WILL THE END OF THE WORLD OCCUR?
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:14)
Did You Know?
- Almost 8000 different “people groups” have not been exposed to the gospel? (A people group has its own language and culture.)
- This year approximately 82,000 people will die each day without ever having heard the gos¬pel.
- Americans spend more on dog food than on helping to share the gospel with the lost.
The Foreign Mission Monthly News and Prayer requests
* Pastor Colin Kinnunen and Pastor Raymond Hilman together with Dave Niemela have completed the trip to the Philippines. Numerous services were held including one with 15 churches gathered together. Pastors Training was also a top priority. Many Bibles were passed out to people that have never had a bible before. God surely blessed this trip. There are pictures of this trip at www.aalchurchma.org Just click on the picture tab!
• Pastor Dennis Hilman is currently in Liberia with Pastor Frank Famiyeh from Ghana, and Mathew Niemela for the U.P. of MI. Please pray for this last leg of Dennis’ West African tour of duty. Dennis fell ill to severe food poisoning and was hospitalized for 4 days in Ghana after getting home from Togo. Pray that the Lord will provide strength enough for him to finish in Liberia and then return to Finland to rest for a couple weeks before he leaves for Russia!
• The good news is that Dennis was given a Russian visa for the first time in many years! We and the people of Russia are thanking God for this gift! If you recall, Dennis was taken off a train under gunpoint and sent out of the country directly, without even his belongings. He had lived there seven years prior to being sent out by the authorities. The enemy often attacks missionaries in many various ways, so please be in pray diligently for all missionaries.
• Special services are being planned in Guatemala on April 24 and 25. A first “Convention” for our 3 churches in Guatemala. This is also being held to hopefully attract people from the community into church for the first time. Scott Niemitalo who is the FM Board person with responsibility for Guatemala, will attend these services.
• Many new requests for us to preach God’s Holy Word have been coming in from around the world. Please pray for wisdom that we would go forth according to the leading of our Father in Heaven. A very lengthy dialogue is entered into with the new contacts by the administrator before any recommendations is made to the board to visit. This process takes a minimum of 6 months but can last up to 2 years or more. If the contact after this process seems to have a true spiritual interest, then the full Foreign Mission board is notified and shown the whole contact history, so the board can decide whether or not we should venture forth with a mission trip to these new locations.
Example of Letters: note: I have communicated with these two Pastors as administrator for over 2 years. They receive the weekly blog which is what they are referring to when they mention letters and teachings. (You can view the blog by clicking on the orange blog button at www.themissionsite.com )
Dear Pastor John! God 's peace !
I'm so happy to send you this letter.I enjoy reading your letter.
I'm strongly sure that right now it is a very time to make a trip to Haiti.
All my churches would like to see you come down and share the word of God with them. As a matter of fact , the international airport is fully functional and the atmosphere is absolutely normal I wish that your presence among us will be a subject of blessing. May the lord be with you as always.
Pastor Nicholas, Haiti
Dear Brethren and sisters in Christ,
Greetings in the mighty name of Jesus Christ our savior and redeemer who
grace and peace comes from. It is our first time to write you this letter,
after visiting your website which is so interesting we come across your
email address and youre your teachings in the website are very interesting.
We are from Kenya Kisii-Kenyenya district; we are a group of People who are
seeking the truth from God. We are worshiping under shades with some
believers whom God has brought to join us in prayers as we are also praying
for you God to open ways for you and all your friends so as you bring the of
God to us and we shall be happy to work with you in your ministry. And pray
for the orphans who are here who hails from disparate families.
We welcome you to share with us the word of God as we are continuing praying
for us here in Kenya. God bless you as we hope to hear from you in Jesus
Yours faithfully Pastor Charles
After receiving this note I contacted him and here was his response!
Dear Brother John,
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Many thanks to hear from you .It will be joy when we share God's gospel together with us, we believe now onwards, we will be strengthened through the teachings we will be getting from you. Our prayer is that through His timing is to make a missionary visit here in Kenya. We will keep you in our prayers and we also need your prayers more especially in His word and the little ones who we care for.
God bless you all. We hope to hear from you according to God His will.
Yours in the Lord, Pastor Charles Onduso, KENYA
• For all other Foreign Mission news, feel free to check in at anytime during the month at www.themisssionsite.com or at any of the other links below and click around! You are most welcome and encouraged to take part in the Mission! New articles are regularly posted on the blogs!
• Also, a new feature has been added to www.themissionsite.com Each day, you will notice that a new unreached people group appears on the right side of the website. This is here so you can pray for the groups that they would be sent preachers so that they would hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ for the first time in most cases! By reading this daily, you will learn how much work there is still to do in this world when it comes to preaching God’s Word!
• Please remember that April is the last month in the Fiscal year of the Foreign Mission. If God lays it upon your heart to help support, this would be a perfect time to do so!
The Foreign Mission is so very thankful for your contributions to the work in the Lord’s Vineyard. May God Bless each of you!
CLICK HERE TO DONATE Here you can very easily donate electronically from either your checkbook or credit card. You can also set up recurring monthly donations should you desire.
Just click on the links below!
Donate online: http://themissionsite.com/needs.html PayPal or Credit Card
Website: www.themissionsite.com See all the new updates!
FM News blog: The FM news updated regularly
FM Spiritual articles: sent to foreign contacts via email
The Foreign Mission Store: A place to buy gifts! CD's, Books, pens, shirts etc.!
Donate via PaySimple: CLICK HERE TO DONATE electronically by check or cc., incl. recurring
Remove name from email list: email@example.com
To Donate by check in response to this email: The Foreign Mission 1601 NW 4th Avenue Battle Ground WA 98604
Other programs available for special funding by request * Indigenous Pastor support * Full time Missionary support * Orphan and children support * Bible and other book purchase * Bicycles for pastors * Pastor and mission training Emai: Foreignmission@comcast.net for more info!